Liquid Vitamins...

Anyone know where I can get a decent liquid vitamin from that won't cost me an arm & a leg??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:49 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Health

• You can ask a pharmacist or your Dr. They are all going to be pricy though. Liquid for is not cheap
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:59 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• The pharmacy doesn't have anything like that, they just want to sell their "One A Day" crap. I was taking one from the local health food place, but they stopped carrying liquid because no one bought them... So now I'm looking for something under $30/mo... Everything I'm finding is full of filler crap and just not worth my money!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Wegmans has a great, reasonably priced whole foods section, with plenty of whole food vitamins and liquid supplements. Their store brand is high quality.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Sabrina, do you have a natural health food store nearby? That is where I get the most natural liquid vitamin forms. Forget Vitamin World and GNC, they still can't win on the pure stuff.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Floradix I love. Not cheap...but I get my iron right back up with their iron formula in a few weeks! worth a google check?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• No, the only natural foods place is the one that stopped carrying them. We don't have anything else like that here...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Check out Vision 4 Life. My dad sells the stuff, and I know you could order it through him, but I don't know if you can find someone closer to you or even buy it from the company. I took it to my doctor a couple of years ago and asked about it for my kids, and she said it was great for anyone, said the amounts were good, etc. We don't actually use it but my kids take it at my parents house and like it - a quart bottle is a month's worth (1oz per day) and you can take it straight (tastes like orange juice) or mix it into something (my mom doens't like it so mixes it with juice, dad takes it straight mixed with another liquid something-or-other). I want to say it was about $25/bottle when he tried to get us to use it, but I don't know the price of it now. Other than that I've never heard of a liquid vitamin - I take my kids' chewables (not flinstones or anything like that crap).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• http://www.mothernature.com/

I can usually find stackable coupons for 25-35% off

Answer by rkoloms at 7:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Most of the liquid vitamins we carry at our GNC is the exact same brand as what is sold at Whole Foods and the smaller health food stores.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 8:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2010