Is anyone else's hubby like this?

my husband is more of a homebody, and that's ok (I'm becoming more like that as I get older), but sometimes, it's so frustrating trying to get him to do something fun, ESPECIALLY with our children.

For example, I want to take our 4 year old out to a local place for trick or treating, etc., and whenever I mention things like this to him, he most always says, "we'll see".

That annoys the crap outta me! Lately, it makes me feel like i'm a child, begging him to do something with me. I know he just means that he'll "see" how he feels when the time comes, but it's just annoying because sometimes i feel like we "miss out".

If your husband is like this, how do you handle it? I don't have a mom or sister, etc. to go with me, and even if I did, I'd still want my hubby to go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• My husband goes through spurts of this. I offer or make a suggestion only once. When the time comes, if he chooses not to come with us, we proceed without him. The kids and I are not going to put our lives on hold waiting for him to make up his mind.
    Anonymous

• my dad was like that and dont get me wrong i love my dad with everything i have but him being like that when we were children really made me feel like we were missing out on alot of bonding time. i made sure to marry a man that would spend time with our family out side of the house
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My hubby says "we'll see" or he shrugs all the time. I just tell him "We ARE doing it." and that's that. Or I make him feel bad. Lol
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Tell him some people get kidnapped and murdered on halloween...Particularly women with no men beside them.........
    Anonymous

• omg, this response cracked me up!!! (I may have to select it as the best answer!)  :D

Tell him some people get kidnapped and murdered on halloween...Particularly women with no men beside them.........

Anonymous

• Guilt trips wont get you very far. (talking about the anonymous poster above) My grandparents did that to my mom and it really screwed her up. My mom is now with a man whose mother does it to him. Talk about a mess.
    If he doesnt want to go i guess it's his loss. Try giving him the responsibility of choosing an outing for your family. When you go and he sees how much fun you have maybe he will stop being a stick in the mud.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 6:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Sweetie my hubby is the same as yours. Sounds as though he's set in his ways and thats one heck of a fight in itself. I wish u the best but after 12 yrs it hasnt yet improved in my situation.
    NevsMami

Answer by NevsMami at 11:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2008