how do you discipline a child that keeps doing what they're doing....biting

she keeps biting her younger siblings....i've tried spanking, time outs.....explaining why we don't bite other people...
I'm at my wits end.
What do I do?!

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 12:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How long has it been going on and how old is she?
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• lol Missed that this was a preschooler post, sorry! I'd completely remove her from her situation and just stick with that as opposed to trying everything else. As soon as she does it tell her no and go put her on her bed. The next time she does it don't say a word to her and put her on her bed. Just keep doing that. Consistency will work, I know we hear that over and over but sometimes it feels like a losing battle. It's true though. Good luck!
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• shadow her, dont give her the chance to bite. Pick where she plays and with what. Always tell her biting hurts no biting!
    carolhas2kids

Answer by carolhas2kids at 12:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• when you find out I wantto know. My DD is 2.5 this has been going on since she was 18 months old she has 1 sibling that is older (5) and she bites her all the time I to have tried everything possible I can think of and nothing works
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• bump
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• bite back then she can feel that this hurt.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2010