can blood tests be wrong i mean like not always accurate....

cause i have 5 positive home pregnancy tests with a very faint + symbol on them. and my blood test came back negative. and im 17 days late for my period. and my periods are always regular i never missed any. and i did the blood test when i missed 14 days of my period. so i just wanna know can the blood test be wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think the blood tests are more accurate than the urine tests, but I would ask my doctor.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I knew a girl who's mother only got a positive test period when she was 8 or 9 months pregnant. Even the blood tests were negative. Her doctor thought she was crazy when she kept insisting she was pregnant until he found the heartbeat and gave an ultrasound.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Are you SURE you're following the home pregnancy test instructions correctly? Some of them will show + (even though they're really ---) if they're left to sit too long.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 2:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Try using a test that shows results in words not symbols. If your period is still late next month, call the doctor again.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• yes im using them right. i peed in a cup and stuck it in and the + symbol came not even 3 minutes. it came as fast as 5 to 10 seconds.
    Tricia737

Answer by Tricia737 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I had a blood test which showed negative when I was 3wks pregnant turns out I have low hcg levels so yes it is possible
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yes it is possible. My friend kept getting negative tests and they finally gave her an ultrasound which confirmed her to be just past the first trimester. Demand a "visual" of what going on.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2010