What would you do?

Yesterday DD15 and I were out shopping. When we left Dollar Tree right next to our car in the parking lot was someone's debit card. I took it back inside the store and they told me there had been a woman looking for it, but she left. I took it to the bank where the card was from and turned it in. The teller was floored that I had done that. I didn't think anything of it, so now I'm wondering what would you do if you found it? Do you really that it's that uncommon to turn somthing like that in?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 12:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• You know, I found a phone bill with the $100 cash in it. I called the number to let them know I was mailing it back to them. They were surprised! I would have done exactly what you did! It's sad that people think it's a rarity.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I've done that, too. Not many people do.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I would definately return it, Not a second thought, I had my camcorder returned after leaving it in a hotel parking lot, I never imagined I would see it again!
    kerryket

Answer by kerryket at 10:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I would have done the same. I found a credit card once and called the credit card company to tell them so they could cancel the card. They were shocked.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I would have done the same thing as you. Nice job! And you taught your son so much by doing it. So many would just taken it and use it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I would have done the same

Answer by rkoloms at 6:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have done similar things. You taught your child a valuable lesson because they learn from example.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't know if I would have taken the card directly to the bank, but I probably would have called the bank to let them know and then mail the card in.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:47 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• umm, i would have just gotten rid of the card...cut it up and threw it away. don't want to take it anywhere, don't want to be connected to it if something had happened. just me, i guess
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:15 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have done similar things as well.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:05 AM on Aug. 22, 2010