Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can you tell your family something happen bad to you when you was small and one of the family member did it? please help me with this

Answer Question

Asked by glo360 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Relationships

Level 3 (21 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Talk with someone in your family you really trust. Do you worry that this family member is doing it again? If so, make sure the right people know.

    Answer by scout_mom at 12:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • Well, I would first approach my mother and father. I would explain to them what happened and see what their reaction is. If they don't believe me, I think I would, first off, be very upset, but I wouldn't give up. If this is a relative and it's a sexual situation, it really needs to be handled by deciding if you are going to press charges. At that point, I would contact an attorney. Hopefully, you can have your parents' support. Good luck. Remember, it takes a very courage individual to discuss what happened.

    Answer by m-avi at 12:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • Hit up a therapist for a bit to get up your courage.

    Answer by lovinangels at 12:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • Sweetie I have been through this myself and its hard especially now that you are older... My family didn't believe me. They figured I was looking for attention...... what kind of sick little girl is gonna do that though? I was 17 when I told them and when it happened I was 11-15 over and over and over it happened. Just so happened that it was my family's favorite grandson, nephew, son/stepson. I hated my family for it especially my sister cause she saw it happen once and she couldn't tell anyone else that it was true it hurt me deeply. I wouldn't tell your family unless you can really expect a loving out come and acceptance of the "accusations". Try seeing a therapist that may help.

    Answer by agriffinmom4 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • You talk to a therapist or someone you trust, find the strength and the courage and you do it. who knows, you may be saving someone else from the same torment you went through. I bet you any money that the abuse didn't start or stop with you.

    Answer by debnich501960 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • im really sorry for what you went threw some people are sick in what they do to others you should tell a therapist & i would tell my mom & my father of what happen & if your family really cares & loves you they would believe you & be there for you im really sorry

    Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • I would tell my mother and father first and see what they say because they love you and will want what is best for you.

    Answer by LiLJeni at 9:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.