What would you do?!

My fiance & I broke up 5 days ago, he moved out 4 days ago. I broke it off with him because he was disrespectful & barely helped with our 10 month old DD. Everytime he was apart from her he said he would cry at night because he didn't get to be with her. Well, we are going on 4 days & he hasn't even CALLED to check up on her. For someone who claims they love her & miss her so much & don't want to be apart from her, it seems like a lie considering he hasn't tried to atleast see how she is. I told him he can see her whenever he wants, as long as he can be civil with me & not talk about anything other than her. I'm very upset because she loves him so much & always got excited when she saw him & she's been clinging to me SO much the past 4 days & I think she knows something is going on. I'm at the point where maybe I should take things into my own hands & get child support & a visitation order going.

What would you do?

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• go get child support. Skip the visitation order. Those are pretty worthless.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• If he's currently unemployed does that have any affect on child support? I think I heard the minimum child support is $50 a month but I'm not sure the truth behind that.
    Marix3

Comment by Marix3 (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yes to child support and set up a visitation schedule that way you both know where you stand. And so you're not suprised if he decides he wants a visit and you have plans.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Get child support, but if he's giving support, I think your required to let him visit the child. I always felt, you help make the baby, leave the Mom, help pay for the baby, your not leaving them.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You need to hurry up and go and get the custody/visitation order and keep track of how many days hes not there. Once you get the order and stuff it will be easier to prove to child support when you started having solo care of the child! If you don't see your self ever getting back together then hurry and do it now or he may try and do it. Perhaps at the same time he thinks that by giving you a break he is gonna get back wit you. I don't know they say women are complicated lol men are to!
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• First thing you do is get custody established and then everything else will fall into place. I don't know the laws in the state that you reside in but in my state, unless a judge awards custody to you, the baby can go for a visit and he is not legally obligated to return her because he has as much right to her as you do. Guess who then can and will be served with support papers. He might decide to do that, just to get back at you.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• If he is unemployed then he needs to draw unemployment and yes, the min is $50 but it will take time to do all the paperwork so yes file for CS. It might take them a year or so to catch up with him and get him in court. Meanwhile you can provide for your child with what the state gives you. Think of it as a loan and HE has to pay them back. It's all good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• yeah i would file for child support & visitation rights cause that is just not right how he treated you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You will not get to much without a job. But $50.00 is better than nothing. He can pay more if he gets a job in the future.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Girl do what you think is best
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 9:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2010