What can I do to make my daughters first birthday party a success I dont want to people sitting around thinking how boring this is.

there will be kids fromt he ages 1 to maybe 10

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• Make it a quick cake and ice cream affair. She's not going to remember it. Have some chips and drinks, serve the cake, let her smash her cake, then open presents and leave. Are you doing this for her or for yourself? Because a baby that young can only really handle about an hour or so of that much excitement.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• shes 1..who cares!! sorry im not trying to be rude, i just think bday partys for 1 yr olds are a waste of time!! they dont remember, no activites ever really take place..usually the kid is cranky..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You could let them decorate their own cookie or cupcake, have a dance contest, pin the tail on the donkey, and musical chairs. For the younger ones you could put some rubber ducks in some water and let them pick one and get a prize.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I just saw it's going to be her 1st birthday. Lol. My suggestions would still work. But, be sure to enjoy it. Don't worry so much about entertaining others if you don't want to. Make it all about you little girl. Everyone will enjoy watching her dig into her 1st birthday cake and open her 1st presents. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• The party we had for my son's first b-day was really for everyone else to celebrate his day. We had a cookout with hamburgers and hotdogs. There was only one other kid there. After we ate we let him eat his cake, then tear open his presents, and that was it. As a family we have a lot of cookouts together, so it was pretty much that with cake and presents, lol.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• For my daughter's first birthday party, we did a cook out in my parents backyard. We did hamburgers, hot dogs and chips. Then we did a cake and ice cream. We also got her own little personal smash cake. Then we did presents and then we jumped into the pool. Everyone that came to the party were family members and a few friends. Most of them didn't stay long enough to watch her open presents or even eat cake. I think there were only 3 kids at my daughter's party. Ranging in age from 10 months to 5 years.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Don't worry people won't be bored. Just like others have said make it quick so no one has a chance to be bored. Chat. eat, presents, cake and your done. The adults will talk and the kids will probably just play with each other, have some crayons and coloring books out so they have something to do. My first daughter's first birthday went by so fast, I didn't even have time to notice if people were having fun or not.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010