what is a good menu for 1st birthday for the children?

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had watermelon cut into triangles with the rind still on, chips, ham and cheese wrapped in tortillas and then sliced into circles. We had cupcakes for the birthday cake.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• mini-pigs in a blanket -- use lil' smokies wrapped in crescent rolls
    goldfish crackers
    butter and jelly finger sandwiches -- I like to use the Peppridge Farms Very Thin bread
    Chicken nuggets -- you can get a tray from Chick-fil-A or you can get the dinosaur shaped nuggets at the grocery
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• What kind of finger foods does your child eat? I would just do finger food, have a birthday cake, you won't need alot because they won't eat alot. Thats what I found anyways, the kids were so distracted by each other and excited that they weren't all that interested in eating. Have fun :)
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 1:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I agree with all of the above posts, but dont forget the parents will probably want to eat some real food as well, lol. GL planning!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think all those idea are great....but most parents will eat what their kids eat to be honest.....but the one parent who said chick-fil-a...you really can't go wrong with them with kids or parents....
    armywife81803

Answer by armywife81803 at 2:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i was just at a 1st bday where they had jello and home made yogurt pops in place or ice cream and cake and for regular food she had
    home made mac n cheese and home made chicken nuggets YUM
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2010