Have you ever felt divorce was your only option but then saved your marriage?

If so, how.

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 2:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes, there was a time at the beginning of this year that my hubby and I decided to call it quits. I remember he was sitting in the living room hiding his face so I went to go see what was going on..... and he was crying. He never shows emotions, especially sadness. He told me that he didn't know what he was going to do without me cuz I'd been his best friend for so long. I felt the same way. I then bought a book called The Five Love Languages. I read it, and my hubby read it. And it really helped. We are happier than EVER and are expecting our first child. Life has never been sweeter.... If you want more details or anymore help (since it'll take too long to write it here) feel free to email me. K?
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I haven't, personally... But they say that 70% of marriages would last if the people went to counseling or worked through the issue. Divorce is everyones 1st resort. My parents were married 22 years and got divorced at the drop of a hat over something stupid. Its been 15 years and they both regret the decision of divorcing and still love each other but its too late, they are both remarried and unhappy.
    Anonymous

• we did but we stuck through it all and believe me the times were rough but once you get through the issue you two will be closer than ever!
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• In my first marriage, I didn't even really consider divorce even though we were having problems. We drifted apart slowly over the years and I felt like I was living with a stranger. Well, even though I knew it was wrong, I started talking to someone else and realized how a relationship is suppose to be. I stopped talking to my new "friend" bc I really did want to save my marriage, went to counseling, and my husband told me I was not worth his time....that is when I decided I had enough emotional abuse. I got back in contact with Mike (the "friend") and now he is my husband...never knew life could be better and fuller with a man who shared the same dreams.
    Jakesmom1107

Answer by Jakesmom1107 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• So, no....never EVER in my wildest dreams thought I would be divorced when I was 24, but you have to do what is best for you and listen to your heart....sometimes our heads get filled with too much talk and deception of what other people think we should do...but trust yourself....if you feel your marriage is worth a second thought, or a third and fourth....then don't give up. Good luck!
    (my answer was too long to fit into one...lol)
    Jakesmom1107

Answer by Jakesmom1107 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My mother in law also taught us, in times of hardships and problems embrace eachother close so you can't point an accusatory finger at your spouse. When we have problems now, instead of blaming eachother like we used to, we just hold eachother and talk about how we can fix it.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My husband had 2 affairs. Everyone told me to leave. I trusted God and followed his word, and he brought my husband back to me. My husband is a compeltely different man now. He is so much more of a man then i ever thought possible.

pm me if you want to talk.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2008