My child has the stomach flu help?

Shes throwing up everywhere

Melissa-Love1

Asked by Melissa-Love1 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• The Brat diet help with the tummy flu.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• take her to the hospital. if shes throwing up taht much she could quickly and easily get dehydrated which will make the situation much worse.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Usually, a person doesn't throwup from the flu. She proabably has a virus and all you can really do is keep her hydrated. A couple of ounces of clear liquids every 20 minutes or so. Don't push foods. She should sleep and take it easy. If she runs a high fever...I would say over 101.0 because she is an adult, take her to the ER. If it lasts more than 3 days, then take her in.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Clear broth and water, even if she holds it down for 15 minutes, it's long enough to be absorbed
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• How old is she?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Its almost impossible to dehydrate via voming per our pediatrician. Offer clear liquids (sprite, gaterade, ginger ale, chicken broth) and popcicles. If the puking continues for a full 24 hours, or becomes nonstop dry heaving, call your pediatrican. May need some phenergan suppositories. If diarrhea starts, stay in close contact with your ped. Dehydration is much more of a risk with diarrhea, and you will need to make sure the dehydration doesn't get severe. But n I would not go to the hospital and run up a $5k bill the run of the mill stomach flu which can be treated at home
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I'd definitely take her in to the pediatrician. Simply put. She needs to be tested to verify what she does have as well as get on any appropriate meds. GL
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yep, I had that 24 hour bug myself a week ago. Heck I even threw up plain water.

Just have her rest and if she can stomach Jello and crackers give her that. Personally I couldn't. =[

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Well when she's able ginger ale is good, crackers or dry toast. Until that time, it will have to run it's coarse, but if too long then call a Dr. Not much you can do for the first 24 hrs. but keep her comfortable, and have her rest.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• give her fluids and call the nurse to see what else she can take
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 6:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2010