Should I stay out of it?

My husband's female cousin who is my age invited us out to dinner with her and her family. We had a great time until the mom got upset that she was spending too much time out and she could not handle her dog. Fastforward the next day & mother and daughter had a blowout and daughter and her family left early without saying bye to her father. Just today her mom called and and asked me if her daughter called me and that she left the other day. Her daughter has called my mil and not me and honestly I want to stay out of it or I know they will put me in the middle of their drama. What should I do?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Just tell them that you are friends with everyone and want to stay that way. Tell them you are not going to get in the middle of it and that you don't want to hear either side of it. Then change the subject. Ask about something that is happening in their life. Hopefully they will get the hint that you are not going to be in the middle.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• stay out of it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I see no reason for you to get into this- I say stay out of it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• stay out of it.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I'd stay out of it.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I would stay out of it, you probably have plenty of drama in your own life without bringing in someone else's. I know I do! (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yup stay the hell out of it! My familly in law is like this too & I avoid as much of their drama as possible. Wait till it involves you guys & you can't just ignore the stupidity.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I would stay out of it. What is going on between them two is just that between them. This is all over a dog?!
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• yeah... stay out of it..
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• OMG... sounds like my family O.o

I would tell her " I love you both and don't want to be in the middle of this fight. I can't choose sides."

Dealing with this crap for the past 30 has really pounded it into my head to stay out of the fights.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2010