Gifts for Godparents??

I am a first-time mom with not a lot of previous experience with "events". Is it customary for parents to get a gift for the godparents? You know how you get gifts for your bridesmaids and groomsmen? I was wondering about that, and I'd like to be appropriate. Thanks for your help.

DMac08

Asked by DMac08 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i dont htink its mandatory but you can always do it to be nice i think what the other ladies suggested is nice a picture frame with a picture of them and yoru son or something like that. you can get them a card to thank them or something that is meaningfull to them
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• We gave really nice picture frames to the godparents of our children. We made sure at the baptism to get a really good picture of them with the child and then we sent a copy of the picture to them for the frame.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 4:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Sure you can get them a gift .There are picture frames, photo albums, rosaries, bibles prayer books, general keepsakes, crucifixes, mugs, mirrors, plaques, etc....

The list really goes on and on. I would say it depends on what occasion you're giving the gift for. =)
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Then I would stick with something like a photo frame and a picture, crucifix, bible prayer book,etc... Something religious =)

What religion are you?
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I meant to add it is for my DD's baptism coming up.....sorry.
    DMac08

Comment by DMac08 (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• We are Catholic.
    DMac08

Comment by DMac08 (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2010