• In the Spotlight:

What do you pay for preschool? Registration fee? Supplies they request? Fundraising obligations?

Just wondering what rates are around the country. UPK at our public school is hurting enrollment at our nursery school and we've been looking for solutions to keep operating.

mjjn

Asked by mjjn at 2:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Average preschool rates full time here is 1,400 a month. I live in Hawaii. =) GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Our preschool is $256/mo full time and $168/mo for 1/2 days. Parents pay for supplies and provide snacks for rotation. There are no registration fees and no fundraising obligations. We do very little fundraising with the families involved in selling. We do carnivals, parent's night out, ect where the teachers put in a lot more than the parents. We're in NE Oklahoma.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• @ Scout

Man I miss Oklahoma prices! I am from the Edmond area! Navy stationed us in Hawaii =) GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• We paid $110 a month at a church preK program that was 3 mornings a week. I can not recall what registration cost, I want to say $20. It was half price if you were enrolled by a certain date and they also gave a break if you already had a child enrolled in the program. Parents were put on a rotating snack schedule, you generally supplied snack once a month. Along with the basic supplies, each child brought in a hand sanitizer, two rolls of paper towels, a pack of small cups and a couple of other small things I can not remember. There were no fundraising or involvement obligations, which IMO, is really too bad. We went through the same program a few years prior with my son and the parents of that class were so much more involved. It can really make a difference in the program, I see nothing wrong with requiring it.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I live in Central Florida (Orlando). We have part time Pre-K, which is free. Then we have full time pre-k, but those prices range and what is includes also depends. I paid $118 a wk for my son and it included two snacks and lunch for full time. I had to pay for registration fee at the beginning of the year. They did have a few fund raisers of sorts and picture days. So from what I see, it seems like we have it pretty good here.
    armywife81803

Answer by armywife81803 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Ours is $190 for 5 half days. $80 registration. No fundraising required.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Glamourina, I think yours must be full time daycare with a preschool component.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:20 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Our preschool has a $15 registration fee. 4 year olds go free because last year we were approved for a grant - 3 year olds are $70/month for 2 mornings a week, 5 year olds are $130(? give or take 5-10) for 3 full days a week. I have a 3yo & 5yo going this year, and they both qualified for a full scholarship (through the county, via donations, based on income). Each child has to provide snack for the class (how often depends on class size - DS will probably be once a month, DD will probably be once every 6-8 weeks). For the supply list I spent around $15 for both, not counting their backpacks which were another $10 & $15. There are 4 fundraisers per year, with no obligation to either buy or sell - they change a couple from year to year so sometimes we buy nothing, sometimes we buy $150, sometimes we sell nothing, sometimes we sell $600 (we=my kids).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• The preschool DS goes to is a part of the school district. We don't pay a registration or a monthly fee. He goes Mon-Fri all day. And he'll go to this same school for Kindergarten before actually going to elementary school for 1st grade in a few years.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Nothing my son preschool is paid by the state. But I do know they proved free lunches for all kids and no supplies are need from parents.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 4:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2010