No period and negative test...

My period was supposed to come on Tuesday, but it hasn't. I took a test and it was negative. My breasts are really sore! Do you think the test was faulty or what? I'm not really stressed more than normal or anything. I just don't get it. I'm only 20 so it's not menopause! So what is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Health

• It's only Wednseday! Wait another week.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I know it's only Wed...but my period is like clockwork...it's always the same amount of days from one to the other...has been since I started having them! lol. =)
    Anonymous

• I agree wait, a women's body changes every four years this could be your year for change. If you believe you are pregnant you may want to wait a week as suggested to do another test. After that if you are not menstruating and the test still comes up negative schedule an appointment with your gynecologist.

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 2:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Really? Your period has been starting on the same day your very first period started? Nice! I wish I could have a period that was consistant on its dates. Mine were always a couple days late and lately they've been a couple days early and lasting longer.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Wait a couple more days and test again. If you are pregnant, a positive result may not show up until a few days later with you because your body may not be producing enough HCG if the test isn't very sensitive. Pregnancy tests are vary widley on sensitivity.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 3:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I agree wait it out for a few more days at least. you might have either missed it or are late because of stress or maybe lifestyle change anything that is " not normal" for your body to go through can make it be late even more or less excercise. Hope this helped
    MyO3WorldMomma

Answer by MyO3WorldMomma at 4:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• yupp. wait just a few days. then retest if you havent started. a lot goes into your timing. it could also be a negative test. if this is really worrying you talk to your doctor. the more you stress or freak out about it, the later it will come. so just calm down and wait a few days.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Ok...thanks everybody!
    Anonymous

• if you need to know NOW... take the clear blue.... it's 10 bucks for 2 but it detected my hcg's. I was so glad i took it
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2008