Is this normal after childbirth and what does it mean? adult content

This is a sort of TMI question: I had my baby girl about 5 days ago, and have never really had any problems with constipation my entire pregnancy. Even in the last few days my bowel movements have been normal. But today it just started in with a watery stool, and it has concerned me. I did have an epidural. I've heard it could be from my body getting rid of medications that I had during childbirth, and also it could be my colon and everythin getting back "into place" or back to normal...I'm hoping someone can make some sense of it.

Graicysmom10

Asked by Graicysmom10 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think you're fine as long as you're not seeing blood, but if you're uncomfortable with it I'd definitely call your OB and ask their opinion. GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I didnt have an epi but I did have that shorty after being constipated for almost a week after giving birth to my son.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You do lose a lot of fluids that first week or two after having a baby. Keep an eye on it and call your doctor if it gets worse.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i wouldnt worry. you should be thankful that its coming that easy. i remember it taking aweek before i could go and it hurt so bad when i did, if you are worried though dont hesitate to call your ob.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yes, it takes awhile before you can "go"...at least a week. Did they give you a laxative pill before you left the hospital?
    Angelabella

Answer by Angelabella at 3:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Get some daily "probiotic" to get the good bacteria back in your intestines. It will also help flush the toxins of the epi out of your body.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010