What if you had $20.00 right now in your bank

and thats all until next pay day thats around 10 days away.. Your husband is getting ready, he gets his keys and cell. You ask him where he is going and he says im going for a haircut. You tell him with what money? He says to you we have 20 in the bank. You get mad because there are other more important things to buy with 20 like bread and cereal for kids. he gets mad at you and says "every monday we have a inspection" you get pissed, turn your head and ignore him. He leaves for a hair cut. Inspection is when the higher ups inspect your hair and gear. He needs a hair cut every week that costs us money we dont ever have because we are broke and he makes shit. He is spending $8 plus tip which is 13 bucks for a haircut. when we also need gas for the week. we have appts to go to. He can cut his hair at home but he will be bald. he doesnt like it. He does this to me every week. no i dont work, i dont want too. i have kids to watch.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• He's tipping nearly 100%? That's insane. I would give $1-2 for an $8 haircut. But that's besides the point. If you are low on food, the kids should be coming first. Then again, with things this tight and you refusing to not work just adds to the stress and trouble. Tough situation.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• no you don't work you have kids to watch? Not a valid reason to avoid working and helping to pay the bills,Mom.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Should read - refusing to work.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• my husband likes to spend money we dont have as well. when you need gas make him figure it out, diapers ? ots on him. if he ahs to go donate plasma or take his favorite electronic to the pawn shop then so be it,. maybe he will learn.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• If you are that broke, you need to get on some kind of assistance.

Now... I have been that broke and my husband would to the same stupid crap, so I know it is frustrating. I wouldn't get assistance because I was too proud, but looking back I think of how much easier we could have had it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Or you should get a job, I didn't read the you refusing to work part apparently. You could get a job and solve much of the money problems.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:34 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Well, if it's a common thing to be that low on $, you should try to get a job. Even if you don't want to. As for the constant need for haircuts, maybe you could buy a clipper sometime when you have more $ and learn how to cut his hair? I don't blame him for not wanting to be bald.

JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 3:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• if it was me, I'd go to the chaplain and ask to use the food pantry.
    gonefishin

Answer by gonefishin at 3:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It sounds like you and hubby really need to sit down and plan a budget. If the money has already been spent on the haircut there is nothing you can do about that now. But, things can be done in the future. Are the credit cards in your name too? If so, cancel all but one and put it back for emergency use only. When hubby gets paid we automatically have a set amount transferred to a savings account for emergencies. Also, take a look at what you are spending, are there ways you can cut back? It sounds like you are doing a great job already by using cloth diapers and bf. Maybe you could talk with friends and trade babysitting for haircuts. Look for ideas on how to be frugal online. I know you don't want to work, but for some families it's not an option. You could work opposite hours from hubby so he can watch the kids. Good luck!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• ok ladies, this is the op. I have reasons why i dont want a job. some are personal reasons... Two he should go bald for his family. its not something he should care about. He tips all the time too much. its insane! we cant get food stamps or a EBT.. he makes too much but we are allowed to get wic, we are going on the 26th. we dont use diapers. i cloth diaper, i bf also. Everything is far in walking distance for me to work. we only have 1 car. i called two banks and they dont do personal loans. he works 20 miles away.
    busybumblebe848

Answer by busybumblebe848 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010