how old was your child

when they stopped taking a toy (stuffed animal or something) out with them when you went shopping or whatever?? my daughter stopped at 4..but when i was out this morning, i happened to notice alot of kids holding them..and they were all older, like 6, 7, maybe 8yrs old..

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Mine have never been allowed to take toys in anywhere. My son at 6 still takes a toy in the car though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My kids never did that so there is no age. They were both about 5 before they stopped having to sleep with a favorite stuffed toy though.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I'd say by the time they start kindergarten the habit should be broken.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• John would take toys for the ride, but I never let him inside the stores with them.... So Idk..... Hes five & hasn't taken toys for the rides in a little under a year.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My boys never took a "security" item with them anywhere.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think they stopped by 3 or 4. Occasionally my 5 yr old will want to take his favorite animal or toy with him. I tell him that it stays in the car and he is generally fine with it.

I did just notice that a friend's daughter, who is going into 3rd grade. carries a doll with her everywhere outside of school. Weird to me, but my DD never liked her dolls that much to start with.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My son never carried stuff inside the store with him - I would make him leave everything in the car, so we wouldn't lose it. To me, 6/7/8 years old is a little too old for that.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• None of my kids have taken anything to the stores with them. If it is important to them then I always told them that they did not want to loose it. And my husband has a weird phobia that the store is going to accuse us of stealing or make us pay for something that we already own.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Toys don't go with us into the store, but my kids still pack a busy kit if we are going to be gone for a while.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My kids never took toys with them to stores. Even their favorite blankets stayed in their beds.
    If they do some how sneak something in the truck, it stays in the truck.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 6:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2010