Are Kia's good cars??? and do they loose value fast?

The Sportage, Sorento look nice but are they safe? Do they loose value quick? we have a nice car its a Subaru Tribeca B9 Sports Edition but its too much per month. our bank we use for our checking account told us we could lower the payments but they are still telling us we cant so i wanted to find another car. we bought the Subaru in Dec 21 2009.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes they definitely lose value, and no I wouldn't buy one.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I know 3 people who own Kias and they've all said it was a horrible buy - I guess they are cheaply made, which is why they are so cheap... and the resale value is awful.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Vehicles like the Kia Sedona minivan and Lincoln Town Car look good, perform well and often are purchased new at bargain prices. But take a closer look at them three years later, and their value has decreased at an accelerated rate. By the time a car owner is ready to unload one of these vehicles, the owner is often surprised to learn that the car has lost more than 50% of its value.

For more info:
    http://www.forbes.com/2008/02/29/resale-value-autos-cars-forbeslife_cx_jm_0229resale.html
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Everything I am reading says they tend to have a lot of internal issues, such as transmission and engine. Cosmetically they are fine, but unfortunately if under the hood isn't perky you're gonna have a crappy road ahead.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• They are not very good cars, look up the reviews and see for yourself. Not just the new car reviews but search for one from people who have had them for awhile. I would never buy one.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Do some homework. The National Transportation Safety Board has safety ratings on all vehicles sold in the US. Kelly Blue Book gives resale values of all cars. The minute you drive a new car off the lot it looses 15% of its value, and those are good cars. The best thing is to buy newer used car, this way the original owner took the hit on its lose of value.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Our Sportage was the worst car we ever bought. I wouldn't recommend them at all.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Value drops fast for Kia
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 5:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I own a 02 kia sedonna, DO NOT BUY!!! It's a nice looking car with terrible issues that no one has been able to figure out. I've talked to others with the same car and have all had the same issues yet Kia can't even figure it out. It stals alot, shuts off when it wants to, the check engine light always comes on. I've spent more "fixing" it then what I paid. Parts for the cars are way too expensive and almost always have to be ordered through Kia dealers. I can't afford a different car right now that's why I still have it, but we are saving for a newer car.
    sheli2007

Answer by sheli2007 at 8:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2010