hubby said one child down one to go!!! :(

seriously sometimes i think he just doesnt feel the same way as i do about our kids. so my mil came over today and said she was going to a party if she can take my 2 yr old son and she will bring it at night or if he wanted he could stay over. i said yes if he wants to go and he did go. well after he was gone i missed him already (the car wasnt even out the parkinglot) hubby with such a patience is like look babe one down another to go maybe your mom would like to spend time with him (my 5 month old) i felt like punching him in the manly area! seriously dont he miss them

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• They do not feel the motherly way that we do no. Do they want some alone time with their wives? Yes. There is nothing wrong with that. Men need more space typically than women and kids are usually all over you so a break every so often is needed. We might think that work provides that but they are not relaxing and sometime that is just what guys need.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It's frustrating when they feel that way! I'd try to have patience, though, maybe he just wanted time with you. Hopefully. :)
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Awe he misses them... but I bet he misses you too. I have learned that my hubby really misses the one on one with me... and I bet your hubs is the same way. It isnt that he doesnt love the child as much as you... he just loves you too! Dont take offence... think of it as a compliment. Your man wants YOU all to himself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't think it's that he doesn't miss them, it's that he's looking at it as a way to spend some adult time with you - with no interruptions. You know, wink, wink.

My DH loves the kids but says this too. Mine are a bit older now, so it isn't as annoying.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think he was joking. My husband has the opposite problem he wants to have more.... that is why I had my tubes tied. Sometimes men really dont see when to joke or not to and they dont have the maternal feelings that we do.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I love my kids - lots! But there are also times when I want to spend some time alone with my husband. I totally understand your husband wanting to spend time alone with you without kids!

Answer by missanc at 4:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't think it's that he doesn't miss them because I'm sure he does. I'm sure it's the fact that he misses YOU and wants some alone time with you. I love my daughter, but I still need that one on one time with my husband. Everyone does. And though I miss her a bunch when she's away, I love every minute spent with my hubby. If you don't get that alone time in, eventually it will take a toll on your marriage.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• of course your hubby miss him to but your more emotional then he is so of course your going to miss him more but dont get mad at him because he dont miss him like you & of course he loves him as well but dont get mad at your hubby
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I love my son very much. However...I also enjoy spending time with husband. We have a datenight every month. I miss my son yes...but my marriage can't be out on the backburner till our son is raised.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2010