I have had one kid, he is nine months old, and one month ago, I started bleeding, at first I thought it was just a period, but I haven't stoped bleeding since then. And it's heavy. Can anyone help me?

I am only 18 and gave natural birth, I just got off depo shot in march.

MissingDameon

Asked by MissingDameon at 6:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Health

• It could be effects from the depo shot your body probably readjusting. It can be effects from a new birth control your using or it could be a vaginal infection. You should really go to the doctor just in case
    MizfitMommy

Answer by MizfitMommy at 7:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• you should call your doctor, i have heard that the depo shot can do that to people esp if you are coming off of it i have heard of women bleeding for 12 months straight.
    mamasd

Answer by mamasd at 9:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• could be a cyst,,,,,,,,,a fibroid,,,,,,,,,,,,they shld look upo there,,,,i foufn out 4 months later i had placenta left in me
    Anonymous

• or a miscarriage ..could u have been preganant?
    Anonymous

• Please call your dr. It could be something very simple, but it could be a cyst, a fibroid, endometriosis, or any number of things. I once bled for 6 months. It is no fun. If you are actually passing blood, you could become anemic. I had to have a d and c at one point. Just take care of yourself.
    tomatoqueen

Answer by tomatoqueen at 4:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Call the doctor, you have been bleeding too long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• its that depo shot....i bleed for like 10 months straight while i was on it! i hated it! now that ur off it should stop soon. it took me about 2 months to stop bleeding after i stopped it.... but call the dr. just in case!
    twins121505

Answer by twins121505 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2008