How do you know if you suffer from anxiety?

I have been having for years a fear that something horrible is always going to happen. A lot of horrible thing's have happened to me, lately I have fear that it is going to happen to me again or to my children.

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Health

• It sounds like you may be suffering from anxiety. There are so many different ways that it affects people both physically and emotionally. Generally it's a pretty consistent state of worry and even panic. Sometimes it could feel like things are overwhelming and like everything is closing in you, making it difficult to breath. You could also have PTSD, which causes anxiety and depression. It would greatly benefit you to speak to a psychologist to explain your situation and get a proper diagnosis so that you can get the proper treatment and feel "normal" again. Best of luck to you hun.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 4:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Well, the main symptom is feeling anxious all the time for no valid reason, and you seem to qualify.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2010