Is your husband involved with your kids school?

and if so how does he manage that and work?

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 4:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in

• Everything is after work-Sac member, PTA president, and parent teacher confrences. totally involved in the school.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 5:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Mine just pulled the Band Trailer to the first football game of the season (away game) AND helped get the "pit" instruments on the field. He also helps with homework, wake the kids up and does breakfast with them (HIS time with them) and goes to all concerts and other functions he can.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• John starts school soon... He says hes going to be a part, but I dont know. I know hes going to open house to meet the teacher, & plans on going to all teacher meetings. He also signed up to do work in the classrooms Which is all great.....

But he works nights, so he sleeps durning the day... So Idk how this is going to work. He for the most part tries to keep his words.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 4:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yes, but we homeschool so we are available when he is. He helps plan projects and it working with DD15 on philosophy this year.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Not really. He will ask about their days and the kids sometime read to him(they are in K and 1st). I do meet the teacher and school events. Then its just the important school events. I don't go on field trips(unless my kids ask me). Now he is taking them to school the first day but that's bc I asked him too. He works days.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yes, my husband is very involved with everything our kids do. Last year he volunteered in my older son's class every week or every other week, as well as helping with class parties. He goes to all of their school functions, awards, plays, etc. He goes three times a week with us to karate. He's self employed and always arranges his work around our family.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• He is involved, we're lucky that when need be he can generally trade a shift with someone or just take the time off. I do more than he does being on the PTO but he always attends conferences and functions.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My kids dad doesn't work (yeah, nice huh - he also doesn't pay child support!) so he has plenty of time to volunteer in their school.

My husband helped out with my kids Odyssey of the Mind team before school/work and he helps the kids with their homework at night. Plus he always goes to their afterschool functions. If they have something during school sometimes he will take a long lunch.

Answer by missanc at 4:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Neither of us volunteer in the classroom, but we both go to most events, neither of us has missed a parent-teacher conference. He actually has an easier time getting to things that are during the day. His job has always been really flexible, and now he's the boss so getting an hour or two during the day as needed isn't a problem. I work in another school, so I miss most of the stuff during the school day. We both help with homework and go to the after school events and activities.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Well this is what I saw the dads there part of there kids school day worked nights. Alot of stuff at my school happens during the day. Including meetings. My husband has requested days off for some important one on one meetings but that's about all he can do. My son is preschool so he isn't mug after school stuff
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

Next question in
Laptop/Netbook

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
How old is old?