Anyone get rid of their landline?

If so, please describe pros and cons. Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have not had a land line since 2003. I never used it and was always on the go. Plus my car was a piece of crap then and it would not travel with me. So I did not see the point in getting a cell phone and having a land line also. A Cell Phone you can take any where and every where, a land line you can probably take to the street where the mailbox is but that is it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• We haven't had a landline in about 5 years. We're military, so it's cheaper for us to call back home to everyone on a cell, rather than paying long distance on a landline. Also, when my hubby was deployed, he called my cell, so I always had my phone with me, even when out, which I wouldn't have been able to do with a landline. When our kiddos get older though, I might have to get a landline so they won't rack up my minutes talking to their friends lol.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• That's all we have. We got rid of our cells because it was more expensive. So the calls we do need to make we make them and it's cheaper than a basic cell plan
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 4:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Last landline I had was in 2003. I only used it for the internet. There was no point in paying for a cell and a land line.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• We haven't had a land line in over 6 years. The pro's are for sure cost and convince There is only one number people need to reach you at and you always have it on you. COn's are of course, if you don't have good coverage in your house it won't really work out and if you are caught with no power and little charge on the phone. We have an emergency phone charger it takes a double a battery.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• yes, I did. However, I would have to say storms make me nervous.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• We haven't had a landline in 4 years. It was a waste of money for us, as most people called us on our cell phones anyway.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 4:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• We haven't had one in about 5 years. Cons.....anytime one of the kids friends want to call they have to call my cell If power goes off and I have "forgotten" to charge my cell, I can't do it. Pros......cheaper Still works during a power outage Normally no telemarketers calling

colethky

Answer by colethky at 4:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i still have a land line. it's the only local number we have lol. me and hubby's cellphones are both from different states and sometimes people are anal about wanting a local number. but when i'm home i rarely use my cell. i am afraid of getting brain cancer
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• We still have a landline and really it is useless the only time it ever gets used is when my little sister comes over and her friends call her on it. We have it because it would be the same price for our dsl with or without the house phone.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2010