ADD toddler?

How can I tell if my baby has ADD? I know most babies are very active, but I've never met another baby quite like mine activity wise.

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Having a son with ADHD, I suspected mine had issues with hyperactivity from early on. however, it is WAY too early to even think about getting a dX, some kids are just naturally very active without being a problem. If he's getting to be 5-6 years old and it's causing an issue with school/play etc because he's being disruptive, then I would take him to a psych doc.
    For now, though, just do your best to keep up. :)
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• If he does what would you do about it at this age? Are you really going to medicate you 1-2 year old? I doubt it just wait and see like the PP said until at least 5 or 6.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 8:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You have to wait until your child is older is to determine if he/she has ADD. My DS was extremely active, more so than his sister, but I waited until he got a little older to talk to the doctor about his behavior. He is 4 now and in preschool. The difference in environment has helped him out a lot, regarding his activity, but he still shows signs. Even at that, most doctors will not medicate a child with ADD/ADHD until after they started kindergarten. Give your child some time, and also give him/her plenty of outlets and activities.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2010