Dose anxiety and ocd go hand in hand?

I have OCD according to my counselor Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Depression and I suppose Anxiety. Do they all go hand in hand? What I mean is have you ever had this problem and what medication did you use that can help with them all? Or did you have to use different medications? I don't like to take medication but I think that I may have to cause I am loosing my mind lately!

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Health

• yes I think so. I have trichotillomania which is a hair pulling disorder due to anxiety and stress. The only way to "cure" it is behavioral therapy. If you have ever watched the show "Obsessed" that's pretty much what it is. If i'm in a stressful situation, even factors like boredom, deep thought (LMAO I wrote "deep throat" first), anxiety....I use the hair pulling as an emotional mask. In other words, instead of facing the issue I take it out on myself. Been a problem since I was 9 but it's not as bad now. especially once I was finally diagnosed many years later in college. Just knowing what it is helped me control it better
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I used to cut myself on my body and the only person who helped me stop was my husband he gave me the behavior adjustment that I needed. Lately though I feel like banging my head in the wall or biting myself which is odd but everything is off right now.
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• They can, but they don't always.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2010