Do you get tired of people you are always poor mouthing?

I do. Then they turn around and buy 2-3 pair of new shoes, new curtains for the house. Oh by the way, we got a new this & new that. Just hate listening to them.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Absolutely can't stand it. Especially when I know people who are having truly difficult times and really can't afford food, rent or clothes! I have no sympathy.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• If you mean what Jessica said, then yea it can be annoying. When someone complains about how broke they are and then turns around and buys this or that. It gets frutrating and irritating.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I haven't heard that term either, but we have family who are always complaining that they don't have money for food or bills, but then they've got plenty for cigarettes, new clothes, etc.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Ah I had to look it up too.
    poor-mouthing: to plead poverty as a defense or excuse

YES absolutely. It's one of my pet peeves!!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Oh, then absolutely! I have relatives that do that crap, can not stand it.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Saying they are broke. But they have new cloths all the time and new cars and a new house. and always buying new things for their kids. Yes.

Answer by louise2 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Oh YES! I have a cousin who is always trying to get people to feel sorry for her and give her and her kids things. When they both work good jobs and her husband just got a new 4 wheeler and her a new car, and they can buy a $1,000 dog but not school clothes for her children? It makes me sick.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Do you mean "poor mouthing" as in talking about how broke they are? Or always talking about the poor? LOL Sorry, I've never heard the term before. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Sometimes I think that the more a person talks about being broke the more money they actually have.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It's all about priorities. what's more important to parents for instance? Paying for addictions and that shiny new car? Or providing food, clothes, and a good education for their kids? It's disappointing how many people choose the former.
    emeraldearth24

Answer by emeraldearth24 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2010