Are you good at making gravy?Beef, Chicken, Turkey?

I must admit that making gravy may be easy but I've never achieved the consistency that the jarred gravies offer. That's why I always have relied on the jarred gravies to offer for potatoes, and the turkey, chicken or beef.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yes, you might try cornstarch instead of flour for making gravy that is more like jarred.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Nope. I've tried making country gravy before too, and it just never turns out. Oh well, ya win some, ya lose some.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I can make it when "I" want to and when I am not rushed.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• If you're worried about lumps, there's a surefire fix.....it's a plastic shaker with a good lid....put the flour or cornstarch in the shaker with the water....secure the lid.....and shake the heck out of it.....bam. No lumps.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• When I make a pork or beef roast in a crock pot. I use the juice to make gravy with corn starch.  Now making it from scratch, it has been a long time.

Answer by louise2 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I make pretty good gravy, based on the comments of the family.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• No, though I've never tried to make it. All of my other cooking sucks, so I don't see how making gravy would be any different for me. LOL!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i think i am decent at making gravy. i always use cornstarch and it turns out great. i've used flour and it never turns out as good.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I use Wondra instead of regular flour to make gravies, roux, cheese sauce, etc. It is so much finer than regular flour and the taste is quite noticeable better, IMO.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2010