Bathtubs

I'm looking into buying an infant bathtub. Any insights or recommendations? Thanks!

SMH2010

Asked by SMH2010 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the one I had malfunctioned alot and I had to get a replacement part (which I got for free) which stopped working again so I wouldnt get it....but it was so cool! It was a tub with a showerhead. you filled a bucket and used a battery operated showerhead! it also came with a mat. Such a great idea, but crap.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• WE never used an infant tub. My children were bathed on a towel 'bird bathed' until there cord fell off and then they bathed in the tub being held by myself or DH. It was the most awesome skin to skin time. Once they could sit independently they bathed in the big tub alone. It was sad. lol. So we had a tub but never used it. Just another idea, if nothing else you should try it. The bonding experience is amazing.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I purchased an infant ring which kept the baby from slipping all over the tub. It had special suction cups on the bottom of it and kept the baby in place so you could have your hands free to actually wash the baby without worrying about slippage. It was really useful though.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I never used the compact one we have. It makes for a nice foot spa though :)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• When my daughter first came home we bathed her in the pink hospital bucket (she was 4lb 10oz). Afterwards we bought an inflatable tub that I liked cause it was cushioned. Since about 10 mos we have just put her in the regular tub.
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 9:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• usually the most simple, is the best
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2010