Should fat people wear shorts or tank tops?

I weigh 280 pounds and I get so sweaty & gross in the summer heat. Every time I wear tank tops or shorts ((even if they're tasteful)), I hear people laughing at me behind my back. Im so so so so scared Im going to end up on one of those websites that makes fun of fat people.

So what am I supposed to wear in order to stay cool? I have lost 50 pounds already and am working on losing the rest. But what am I supposed to do, wear a muumuu or never go out in public or wear jeans and sweatshirts and look like a big fat sweaty blob?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Wear what you want as long as it is in good taste and you are wearing it appropriately.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Wear what you are comfortable in and quit listening to people that don't matter.....those talking behind your back. They aren't worth the trouble.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I agree with QandA. Wear whatever you want as long as all the parts that should be covered are. Don't worry about what people say..People will always find something to say about you no matter what your weight or what you are wearing.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• as long as you dress tastefully, you shouldn't be concerned... Though I honestly have issues with obesity, it is because I was once obese.
    Congrats for losing so much already! You deserve a pat on the back for that!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Wear what you are comfortable in as long as it fits well and is not too tight. I think that is one of the biggest mistakes heavy people make (yes, I am one of them). Congrats on your weight loss!! Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• As long as the cloths fit you right. I do not see a problem. Their are always going to be people out there that make fun of the difference in people.  The only thing you can do is egnore them. Do what you do.

Answer by louise2 at 4:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• AS long as your butt isn't hanging out and you belly is covered I think your good. :0) I'm fat to. lol. I hate wearing shorts and never wore them until this year. I got two pair of tasteful Bermuda shorts so they go to my knees and wore long tank tops with them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think you should wear what makes you feel comfortable. If the tank and shorts cover everything that should be covered and aren't too tight, then I don't see the problem with it. Honestly, even thin people with their a$$ hanging out or their crack showing gross me out. It's all about modesty no matter if you're size 8 or 18. Besides, you don't want to make yourself sick by getting overheated just because of a few ignorant asshats.

Congrats on the weight loss btw... keep up the hard work and you'll soon be where you want to be as far as weight is concerned. :D
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I wear shorts and tank tops at home. When I go out, I put on capri pants and an open shirt over the tank top. Covers up more, but is still cool. Just wear a little sleeveless or short-sleeved blouse like a little jacket. Looks neat and stay cool.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• well first of all congrats on the weight loss! im overweight too but in the summer i wear skirts and tank tops sometimes. i think this applies to everyone actually! even skinny people...they can wear some pretty ridiculous and slutty things that make me feel embarrassed for them! haha..but most of the time i just wear shorts at home. but wear whatever makes you comfortable and feel good!
    bouncingsoul

Answer by bouncingsoul at 5:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2010