rib pain on me

Hey ladies, first a background. I have severe pain from my mid back down to my legs and it is undiagnosed and has been there since I was 14 and before kids. It started out as slight back and ankle pain and has gooten worse with the birth of my 3rd baby (13 months ago) anyway back to now, today when i was going up the stairs (not carrying anything) i noticed a sharp pain in my right lower ribs and it is radiating my back. the area is raised up but does not necessarily hurt to the touch. any ideas on what it could be? should i go see a doctor?

jrncjsmommie

Asked by jrncjsmommie at 4:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Health

• YES- And the sooner the better. Also, check out WebMd.com 'til you can see your doctor. It sounds like some kind of nerve pain starting in your back. That can go down into the legs. Either way, pain is the body's way of telling us something is wrong. Get it checked out. You have to take care of yourself in order to be a good mom!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i am in and out of the doctors for the back and leg pain. no diagnosis yet. i have to schedule an mri for it soon. my current concern is the bump on my rib.
    jrncjsmommie

Comment by jrncjsmommie (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You have been dealing with this since you were 14 and no MRI has been done yet? I would get a new doctor. Yes call the doctor and get it looked at. That may require an MRI so you may get one soon.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 1:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• yea i hope maybe it will. i just moved tho so i have no isurance or doctor here yet
    jrncjsmommie

Comment by jrncjsmommie (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2010