With all the picnics this time of year how do you protect your child from bug bites? My son is 9 months.

Trisha327

Asked by Trisha327 at 6:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've always just used BUG Spray on my kids....spray it on my hands then rub it on them. It's my understanding that if the bottle does not have an age restriction that it's okay to use on ALL ages. Although you do NOT want to use deet on a child LESS then 2 months old. 

The following link my be helpful (It's from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/westnile/qa/insect_repellent.htm

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Avon has some stuff called Skin So Soft that is DEET-free, smells good, isn't sticky, and actually works!
    Jessica_1717

Answer by Jessica_1717 at 8:13 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I use Off Skintastic Family. It's light and smells good, and seems to work. Just make sure whatever you use doesn't contain DEET. It's not good to use on such young chilren. One of coworker's suggests mouthwash, although I would think that would be sticky. I mean to ask her how she uses it.
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 10:48 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Off Family, Skin-so-soft ... anything that says Family so you know it'll be safe for your little one. Avon has a good one too.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 11:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I too use the Avon stuff. Works great!
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 2:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My Doctor recomended skin-so-soft for my son when he was 3 months. works grate!
    JenKT

Answer by JenKT at 11:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• fabric softner sheets,rub it all over
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2008