Why are little boys soooo stupid

Ok so i know somewhere in their cute little heads there is a brain somewhere, i wish they could find it sooner than later. Here's what happend , little man and his good friend were outside playing (mind you one is 9 the other 10) and his friend says "my dad has a gun with a knive on the end" (you know where i'm going with this now) and my dumb son say's "no sir". So what do they do they go in this little boys house, grab a chair pull it over to the cabinet get the keys from the top, opened it up took it out, put it back, lock the cabinet up but left the chair there. Thank goodness the other mom noticed the chair and knew what the boys did.

What if it was loaded? What if something happened to either one of them? I really don't think i could of lived with my self. Just trying to make sense of it all please help.....

armywife67

Asked by armywife67 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• just be glad that nothing happened, and explain to him that to mess with guns aren't good. they're not toys.
    Anonymous

• Oh it's not just little boys, all kids seem to do things like this. My husband and I own guns 1 we do keep loaded simply because I fear if someone breaks in, but my kids will NEVER know that let alone see the guns. As far as they are concerned daddy and I don't own firearms. I wish parents would take the extra precaution and teach their children or at least put things away better. If there son did this now who's to say he won't do it in the future and the gun will be loaded and someone will get hurt! Why does a 9 or 10 year old even know about the gun?
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• there not stupid there just slower than us girls.
    Anonymous

• Why don't these people keep those keys on their person? I would at ALL times.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 3:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• We have a gun cabinet in the house which is locked at all time. My son has never even showed any interest in them never mind try to open it. NONE of the guns are loaded and the ammo isn't even kept in the same cabinet. How and Why they thought it was ok to do this we don't know. Needless to say they are both grounded till they reach adult hood. Both families took both boys down to the local police station and they got a good talking to by the Captain. Hopfully something sank in their little minds.
    armywife67

Answer by armywife67 at 10:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2008