Baby name feedback

I am trying to decide between the names Esther Grace, and Grace Esther. (Esther is my mom's name) We will call her Grace, but I think Esther Grace flows better. Is it worth it to have a smoothly flowing name but always be explaining that you go by your middle name? Or should I just go with Grace Esther.

woodj2

Asked by woodj2 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I like Grace Esther
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I think Esther Grace flows better too. I have a brother who goes by his middle name too. His name is Johnathan Lance but he's always gone by Lance. You do as you see fit for her. I see no problem with her going by her middle name.
    Anonymous

• I would go with Grace Esther, while its wonderful that you are tributuing your mother remember the fact that your child could be made fun of for having an old fashioned name, so having it as a middle name would make it less likely to be teased. Good Luck to you and your daughter!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• If your going to call her grace,,,make her first name grace.

Answer by louise2 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I'd go with Grace Esther. If you're going to call her Grace anyway, might as well make life easier on her so she doesn't have to correct people every time she meets someone new.
    Anonymous

• Esther Grace flows a little easier. I think it's a lovely name.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I would go with Grace Esther. My grandma goes by her middle name (Her first name is Minnie). She always signs everything M. Rebecca because she absolutely despises her first name. While it's a really nice sentiment to name your daughter after someone, you have to think of her life growing up as well. I think that incorporating that into a middle name is easier than having an old fashioned first name and going by the middle name anyway. We ran into a similar problem with my daughter. I wanted to name her Caidence, and call her Caidy. In the end, we decided to just go with Caidy since that's what we were going to call her anyway. Just a thought :)
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 8:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Thanks everyone for you're input!!! I am still deciding but it was helpful to hear all your thoughts.
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2008