For Catholics...

Are you voting for Obama? Isn't abortion one of the biggest "no-nos" in your religion? Just wondering how Catholic Democrats justify their choice..."Catholic Democrats". That's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• John McCain is dead-set against abortion. He has actually said that when he is given the opportunity, he will appoint conservative judges who will act to overturn Roe v Wade and send that authority to the states, an amazing step forward. Check his website.

Too many people ignore abortion on election years because they think a conservative president will stand by and do nothing... well here it is! John McCain has gone as far as to announce his PLAN to end abortion.

Folks - most of you pro-choicers are moral people who would never have an abortion yourselves, but believe other people have the right to choose whether they do or not. That sounds great on paper, but think about what you are actually doing.... you are enabling and encouraging misguided women to kill their precious children.

Just think about it for a while. It's time for us to quit playing Mrs. Nice-gal and truly take a stand for what we believe is right.
    Anonymous

• 8 years of a pro-life president hasn't made abortion illegal. It's not really a presidential issue. A lot of people vote on the whole candidate, not just one issue.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Actually it does make a difference. The senate are the people who decide on that issue. A democratic president appoints a democrat to the senate, and a republican president appoints a republican to the senate. Therefore, it does make a difference. Make not immediately, but it does.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry anon, but you're an idiot.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 3:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Seriously? This election is about SO MUCH MORE than just abortion. You're taking this ONE issue and making it out to be the only one. I'm so tired of people acting as though all Christians have to be Republican. It's ridiculous.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I AM CATHOLIC AND I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA!
    Anonymous

• I am sorry to burst your bubble but, the president doesn't appoint anyone to anywhere. The Senators and House people are VOTED on. They can nominate people for the Supreme Court but, if someone raises a stink then they won't be put on the Court.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• If that issue is never going to be overturned than why are so many women so concerned about people like McCain becoming President and all up in arms about that SINGLE issue...give me a break!
    Anonymous

• I am not, neither are most of the people that are voting for Obama. Nice try.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 3:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I'm Catholic, not practicing though. I was for Obama for the longest time but this is so much more than abortion. Bible thumpers who have their head wrapped around saving embryos need to get out of the little bubble their living in and realize that our country needs our next president to be more than someone who "saves the babies". I'm still voting for McCain because I believe roe vs. wade won't be reversed. There are way too many important things going on in this world to be worried about than ripping away a womans choice.
    meitaimom679

Answer by meitaimom679 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2008