Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Before my baby was born, I had mentioned to my SO that I wanted the baby to have both of our last names.

Well he ended up filling the paperwork out at the hospital (I was still loopy from meds) and only put HIS last name on the birth certificate. 7 wks later, I can't stop thining about it. I want my dd to have my last name too, I'm not married! How do I correct this?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (2)
  • call the court house or the health dept where you can get copies of the birth certificate and tell them what happend maybe they can ammend it.

    Answer by mamasd at 9:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

  • Call the records dept at the court house. They can change it. You can change your child's name at any time, although I'm not sure if you need both parent's permission or not. I know my cousin is looking into changing her child's last name to her own, seeing as the father isn't really involved. For my son, I used my last name as his middle name, and he has his father's last name. I do intend to marry his father, and I'm thinking a ring's coming my way Wedneday! Yay!

    Answer by xraydri at 10:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.