Do you think a group owner should be allowed to delete a group?

Currently, someone from cafemom has to delete a group. Do you think that the owner should have the ability to do that or not? Assume that a message would be sent out to each member advising of the group being deleted.

makelineerror

Asked by makelineerror at 5:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in About CafeMom

• They are allowed, if that is what you are asking.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think they should be allowed. It's their group, after all.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• "They are allowed, if that is what you are asking. "

What I mean is that the owner should be able to click a button that says "delete group". They shouldn't have to contact cafemom and say "Hey can you delete this?".
    makelineerror

Comment by makelineerror (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I see... well maybe, but many groups might end up getting deleted in the heat of the moment. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• "I see... well maybe, but many groups might end up getting deleted in the heat of the moment. lol "

True. Maybe they could have a survey of sorts when you delete the group, to make sure that you aren't just deleting it because you got pissed at someone. And you could always "undelete" it within a specified period of time.
    makelineerror

Comment by makelineerror (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think owners should delete at anytime
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 6:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Nope I don't. The owner owns and runs the group but it belongs to cafemom on is subject to guidelines. If cafemom deletes the group they can be sure that it isn't being done just to cause drama and that it truly needs to be deleted, an active group should never be deleted, that is not good for the site as a whole. In that case finding a new owner would be better. I know owners don't like that either, but in an active group the members are just as invested and don't deserved to get jacked.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:34 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• They should be allowed! It is their group they created. They should also send out messages to all members as well.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think the owner should be able to delete
    tazmidgiefairy

Answer by tazmidgiefairy at 12:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2010