The whole piano and Julliard thing is settled.

Please stop dissing me people. She didnt tell me that she played the piano. She said she went to the library where she got lessons on her own. Her father sent in the audition tape and never told me. I called the school they said that it was true she had got accepted. I even made her play for me.

Chelsea_LeBlanc

Asked by Chelsea_LeBlanc at 5:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Congrats! Sounds like quite the accomplishment :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 5:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I'm happy it turned out for you:) What are your plans now?
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Would they extend admission without physically seeing the student perform? How would they know who performed based on a recording?

Where did she practice? Do you guys have a piano?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yup, settled and dismissed. ;0)
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 7:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• http://www.juilliard.edu/admissions/generalap.html

from Juilliard's website...
    Documentation of secondary schooling is an essential component of the application process. Applicants must supply official transcripts demonstrating scholastic competence sufficient to succeed in course work at the college level. The following guidelines are intended to clarify The Juilliard School's expectations for those who are applying for admission as first-time college students:
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Early Admissions candidates apply during their junior year in high school and must be at least 16 years old upon matriculation. They must be highly talented, strongly endorsed by their principal teachers and school counselors, and show evidence of exceptional maturity.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Applications for the 2010-11 academic year must be submitted by the stated deadline for your chosen division. An in-person audition is required of all applicants, with the exception of pre-screened majors who are reviewed for an invitation to a live audition. The Juilliard School does not accept video auditions. Those applicants scheduled for auditions will receive notification approximately one month prior to the audition. Pre-screening results will also be sent at that time. No admissions decisions will be confirmed until all credentials and required documents are on file.

emphasis added.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• eye rollingAgain why lie?

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• This is very odd. My nephew, from my husbands brother ,did actually graduate from Julliard.He is stunningly naturally talented but practice ,practice ,practice and more practice was required to be good enough.How good is she in math?They often go together .He is now working on a Ph.D. in medical physics .I seriously doubt it is true that she was accepted in middle school.All classes are taught on a college level.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 12:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• ok.great.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2010