I am 9 weeks pregnant and so sick./

I am 9 weeks pregnant and i am so sick. I have lost 15 pounds already and i cant stop throwing up. should i be worried? my doctor doesnt seem to be concerned.

wyattsmom281

Asked by wyattsmom281 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no matter how much u throw up u are still getting the nutrients to the baby i was the same exact way i didnt start to gain till bout the 15th week

Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Nah, morning sickness is one of the most normal parts of pregnancy. It's actually a very good thing that you're throwing up, that means your baby is growing and is healthy! I know that's not what you want to hear, lol, but it's true. You should only be concerned if you get dehydrated, because then you'll need to go to the hospital and get some IV fluids to regulate your system. That only happens in incredibly extreme cases though.

I think the only reason I've survived to 29 weeks is because of ginger root pills. Ginger is a great natural way to take the edge off of your morning sickness. It made me stop puking but I still felt a little queasy for a few weeks. My morning sickness went away completely at around sixteen weeks.

Just keep fighting it every day and stay hydrated as well as you can. If you puke up water, drink it anyway. Good luck mama, it'll get better, I promise!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2008