smart or intelligent?

I MUST KNOW THESE THINGS!! WTH is the difference between smart and intelligent??!! LOL it just cracks me up when girls say, "I want someone smart, intelligent, funny..." and i'm sitting there dumbfounded LOL

TabbysMama

Asked by TabbysMama at 7:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Personally, I like a guy who's smart, intelligent, funny AND HUMOROUS haha! Couldn't resist. Another common one that doesn't make sense is the word "irregardless." The word's "regardless," not "ir..." Not putting anyone down at all, just enjoying our human-ness. We're all human Just little perks, I mean quirks that we all have as people :) Enjoy this Monday!
    Mommy2B2463

Answer by Mommy2B2463 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• haha... I hate irregardless too. Is it a word? It drives me nuts when people say it. I have a friend who uses it all the time. Like fingernails on a chalkboard to me!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• How about "I could care less!" It drives me crazy when people say that. It's I couldn't care less. That means you're at the 0 caring level and can't go lower. Even when I explain it a lot of times people don't understand it.
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 6:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• or if he thinks that he's got another thing coming. its think. he's got another think coming. i could give you guys a list. they do that because they hear it the way they aer saying it.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Those are some good ones :) How 'bout this one. She is going to the store with Johnny and I. Okay, here's where the listener's eyes start to glaze over and I start to sound like this "blah blah blah lol" But here's the thing..."with" is a preposition which puts it in the "object" category or "objective case." "She" is the subject of the sentence..."with" is the preposition...and "Johnny and me" (yep, "me,"no really...it's "me") are the objects of the preposition. It's like saying, "...with me" as opposed to "...with I" We wouldn't say She is going to the store with "I." We'd say, "...with me."

Yikes, how many people are laughing now...or glazed over...and I'm sounding like "blah blah blah." C'mon now, somebody hears what I'm sayin' :)

Okay, all that writin' made me hungry for a hot fudge sundae! Later guys!
    Mommy2B2463

Answer by Mommy2B2463 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• LMAO!!!!! i LOVE all of your answers!! cracks me up to know that i'm not the only one annoyed at people's stupidity. i just can't handle it!! the lack of common sense in this world is ALARMING!! seriously, how do they make it in this world??
    TabbysMama

Answer by TabbysMama at 12:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2008