I feel like a horrible mommy-to-be!!

OK so I've been sick this whole pregnancy but lately I've been sick a lot more. I had to go to the doctor and have an infection on my leg checked out and I was given antibiotics. Now, these antibiotics ended up being horrible and making me nauseous and gave me stomach cramps so I stopped taking them. Well I also developed bronchitis during all of this (I have chronic bronchitis and have had it twice a year since I was 8) so I got some new antibiotics! Well last night I was feeling so horrible, I couldn't breathe, I was congested, and coughing like a barking dog!!! It kept me up until 5 am!! But I did eventually fall asleep! THEN I wake up and look at the clock and it's 5 PM!!! I slept ALL DAY!!!!! I haven't eaten since 9 pm last night!! I feel horrible because I feel like I was careless with being pregnant....I starved my unborn baby!! Now I'm shoving a peach down my throat waiting for some food to finish cooking!! RANT OVER!!

bchic24

Asked by bchic24 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You aren't starving your baby, but you aren't helping yourself. The baby will get everything it needs from your body, but you will suffer...take care of yourself and feel better soon.
    mammacita9

Answer by mammacita9 at 6:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You haven't starved your baby, you just starved yourself. We women have stuff in reserves when needed, in order to feed our babies in the womb. Don't feel like a bad mom, you are taking care of yourself and that's incredibly important while being pregnant.

I hope you feel better soon!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 6:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You are no a bad mom. And yur baby is getting fed from you from your fat stores whether you ate one day or not. You can't help beign sick hell I am right now LOL It happen good luck and I hope you feel better.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Well I DO realize I'm not ACTUALLY starving him, but that's what it feels like. I just can't believe I slept that long!!!! I must be more tired than I thought! Though, I'm sure being sick makes it worse.
    bchic24

Comment by bchic24 (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• The sleeping was just as good for the baby as it was for you.
    You need to rest when your body tells you to rest. THAT is being a good mommy. :)
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 6:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Sorry, you are feeling so bad. Your baby wasn't starved and the sleep did both of you good. Don't worry, everything will be fine and you're baby will forgive you. LOL Sorry, just wanted to lighten the mood. Really, you can't help getting sick sometimes. When baby gets here you will be a perfect mom.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Not at all, it sounds like you were more tired than anything else & your body needed to sleep more then anything else. You fixed the problem when you woke up & started fixing something to eat. You body will tell you what you need when you need it. How were you going to fight off the sickness if you didnt get some rest?? thats when the body does its best "fighting"....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:34 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• bchic i def understand, i bn sooo sick last 3 days n got antibiotics n i feel like it isnt workin, i didnt go to sleep till 6 am this mornin cuz i was coughin or blowin my nose constantly!.......i bn livin on crackers n a few bowls of soup for last few days n i feel horrible....rly hope sickness goes away quick so i can eat like i need to for my baby!!!....gl to the both of us, def scary bn sick while prego!
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 11:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2010