Is there anything left you can trust?

In these morally challenged times - when billions are embezzled through corporate fraud; when trusted, spiritual leaders prove false; when lying in politics seems to be the norm; when those you depend on the most often hurt you the deepest - is there anything left you can trust? Yes! You can fully trust the Bible! Why?

What does the Bible claim about itself?

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 6:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• that it's the true word,all you have to do is test it and god will show you that all is true.just believe in jesus his son,we r all just people so someone is going to hurt you or lie cause we r all human,but jesus will never let u down and always love u no matter what,i hope this helps you,may god bless you and yours.jenna
    jennaweeks

Answer by jennaweeks at 6:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Hmmm... has anyone proved its not fiction yet?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i think people take too much stock on the bible if you don't believe the stories or view them as fiction think of it as a fiction advice book on some general guidelines for living a good life. And there is two things in life you can trust , you can trust that you will have to pay taxes and that no one gets out alive LOL
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I trust God
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• This is how I look at the whole debate over the bible God is all powerful the alpha and the omega He has made sure His word is His word. The bible has not, can not and will ever be corrupted. For me to believe so would mean that God is not all He should be. He is that powerful. So for the question that was ask God is who I can trust and he gave His living word that we now call the Bible.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• when those you depend on the most often hurt you the deepest

That is so sad!  It's no wonder you need a book for comfort.  The ones I love and depend on most have never ever hurt me and I trust them implicitly.  That is much more satisfying than the cold comfort of a book.  I wish you success on your quest for trust.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I can name a great many things that are worth trusting more than the bible!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• YES!! I can trust myself. I can trust my family and most of my friends. The bible has not been proven to be anything other than a book of fiction written by fallible humans. You cannot prove they were sane, sober and not smoking weed when it was written. Nor can you prove that the intentions of said men were pure. So I put my faith and my trust where it truly belongs in myself.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I put my faith in God. I put faith in myself. I put faith in the greater good of man. The Bible I put little stock in.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Is there anything left you can trust?

Yes!  God guided the Israelites on their escape from Egypt by giving them a Pillar of Fire to light their way across the dark wilderness (Exodus 13:21).  Today He guides us with the Pillar of Truth (1 Tim 3:15), His Church, that He promised to guide into all truth (John 16:12-13).

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2010