DD is 15 months and weights 22 lbs; what can I feed her to get her to gain weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• don't force weight gain on her. my dd is 15mo and weighs 19.6. she eats well but she's just small.
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 3:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My daughter was 20 pounds 6 ounces when she was 15 months old and was a fine weight in relation to her height (which was 27-3/4"). Has your daughter's Ped told you she is too thin and needs to gain? If so, he/she should provide you with a list of acceptable foods.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my daughter is 18 months and she weighs 21 lbs and is almost 34 inches tall. MY ped says she is totally healthy and fine just thin and tall like her mom
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 3:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• why do you want her to gain weight? doctor's order's? if so, you would have gotten that info from him/her. my son weighed around the same when he was that age, and his percentiles were normal.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 3:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• as long as she is healthy... mydaughter eats all the time and never gains weight she is 21 months and ways right at 20 lbs..... all kids are different i have a 2 month old who is 11lbs
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My daughter was 18 Lbs at 12 months. She was small then and she's small now -at 21 and 110 lbs. Unless the doctor says she is too skinny, I wouldn't worry. Ice cream and gravy might do the trick though....not together.

FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• MY DD IS 15 MONTHS AND WEIGHS ABOUT 20LBS NOW!
    IT IS NORMAL YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!
    AS LONG AS YOUR DD IS HEALTHY AND THE DOCTOR HASN'T SAID HER WEIGHT IS AN ISSUE!
    charlene2010

Answer by charlene2010 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Don't force her to gain weight unless, you want her to be a fat adult!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 4:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my dd is 22months and 24lbs. if they're hungry they'll eat. i wouldn't force it on her.
    Anonymous

• my son will be 2 next moth and only weighs 22 pounds the doctors seem to worrie a bit but they do look at his indevidual case and see that he is perportionate if he head isin to big for her body dont wrrie shes fine my son is. they tell me to spread bitter on everything bull spit i wont do it my son is fine and he is healthy he love fruits and vegies but doesnt like meat and its fine with me personaly im way overweight and im jus glad i dont have a huge baby like thoes people on maury
    marymommy112406

Answer by marymommy112406 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2008