OK I was told this and I am curious what you all think.

So I was told that because I take Muslims attacks personally I am lying about my being Christian. So I want to see how many can actually think out side the box. What are the reasons I might be taking those attacks personally because I assure you I am Christian? Can you figure it out or is it really to much to expect?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Religious Debate

• God said love your neighbor. He didn't say love your neighbor as long as he fits into your exact idea of how a man should live. I take any attack personally.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I take attacks on any religion personally.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I agree with the above person , any attacks on any person or religion is taken personally , its only human , Im christian too .
    mamahol

Answer by mamahol at 6:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i don't know exactly how to answer your question, OP..since i sort of agree with you on this one. God also said to love your enemies..he didn't say you had to be a doormat for them, though.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• seriously people are that stupid? in that case people must think i'm black because i get PISSED when i see racist comments. i'm not christian nor muslim, however... that kind of "logic" goes against everything i know about what jesus taught. guess people here think you're not a true christian unless you hate other religions properly... that makes sense NOT
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• wow...who ever told you that sounds insecure and ridiculous...dare i say...stupid.

any sensible person (of any belief) should be wary when anyone is looked down on or threatened b/c of their beliefs. we all have beliefs (religious or otherwise). just b/c it isnt your belief this time doesnt mean your belief will always be safe! at least thats why i get offended when other religions are bashed or denied their rights. if we let one faith get trampled on, whats to keep our faith from getting trampled on down the line or even today?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I'm a Christian, too, and the idea of anyone being attacked for any reason - especially their faith - is something that personally bothers me.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You know how I feel... I take ANY and ALL insults or attacks based on gender, sexuality, religion or race VERY personally... I'm not Christian, but it angers me that anyone would choose to live their lives and not stand up for others...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think it is wrong to attack anyones beliefs that is something personal and I feel your right. That was what America was built on.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 6:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It's sad the world we live in attcks other religions. They all boil down the same basic topics, rules, subjects..... Is it Muslims fault that people of their same faith caused chaos and and just basic human cruelty? No. I'm sure when it was Hitler causing all the turmoil it was similiar. At some point in history there is always some religious background being bashed because of what a choice few did. OP, you just keep living your loving life and teaching your children that no matter what you believe, what religion you considere yourself, it is how you treat other living beings that really matters. If more people would stop classfying themselves the world as a whole may be better off, that is what I have come to terms with lately. Even with myself. But sadly, that will never happen, it's been this way since mankind has been walking around.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2010