Ok I found out that I might have to have a c-section and I am kind of freaking out...

I found out yesterday that I might have to have a c-section because there is something wrong with my galbladder. Have any of you had a c-section and what is it like??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 6:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had 2 of them. The first was a spurt of the moment emergency one, so I was pretty scared. They had to put me to sleep bc the epidural had caused my blood pressure to bottom out so they couldn't use that to numb me. Anyways, I was awake and wondering what was going on one minute, asleep the next, and waking up the next in recovery. I got to see my little girl shortly after and forgot about it all. My second c-section was a planned repeat, and I was able to stay awake during this one and hubby was able to come back with me. It was much more relaxed. When you stay awake they give you a spinal block and epidural usually and you can't feel any pain from the neck down. They put a sheet up in front of your face so you don't look down at what they r doing and freak. lol. You can feel a little pressure if they have to manouver the baby, but no pain. It wasn't very scary and you get to see your baby bf they take them for a checkup.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 7:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I had galbladder problems all through my Pregnancy & bad, I didn't have to have a C-section. Get another opinion.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I would make sure that your gallbladder issues are a viable reason for needing a C-section!
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 9:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I had a c section & was home in 2 days, normally they'll keep your for 3. Not having to push & focus on breathing & all that made it much more enjoyable for me!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It's fine if you maintain a positive attitude. Mine was totally uneventful. Everything went off without a hitch. Even my healing was uneventful. I followed doctors orders to a T though.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I had two c-sections. The first time, I was 19. I was up walking the same day. It was just fine. The second time, I was 23 and it was a little more rough. But, I was actually out walking with the baby within five days!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I had two of them .i was with my Daughter when she had my frist grandchild.she went throught labor.there is no way i would of went throught that pain.i found it much easyer. having a c- section
    sissybartkus

Answer by sissybartkus at 7:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I was worried when they told me I was having an emergency c-section, I had two natural child births previously. They gave me a spinal, I was awake but I couldn't feel anything from my waist down. I had them drape me so I couldn't see what was going on, and 5 minutes later I held my baby boy for the first time. Recovery wasn't bad, I was up the next morning. I was released after 4 days (I had a lot of blood loss due to placenta previa). It really wasn't that bad at all.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I had to have an emergency C-section. I was really worried , but in the end it went easy. Although when the doctors want you to get up & move, please get up & move. When my friends told me that I thought that they were all messed in the head. (Plus i wasn't worried I was sure I was going to have V-birth... Look whos laughing now.) But the more you move after the easier it will be to go about a normal life....

They're not as bad as alot of mothers make them out to be... I mean they can be. nothing in this world is 100% safe...
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I had 2 scheduled csections, with my 4th and 5th children. It really wasn't that bad - in fact, it was much smoother than my 1st vaginal delivery. There is some pain afterwards, but it's really not as bad as some people make it sound. I did stay in the hospital for the full 4 days that the insurance would cover, so I could do as much recovery as possible before I came home to my older kids.

Answer by missanc at 9:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2010