Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Hello i have been separated for a year now and my ex refuses to sign te divrce papers. He is a really disturbed man and now he is trying all he can do to take our children away from me. Any advice on how to go bout the custody??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • Keep a journal and any evidence of his disturbed behavior for court. If he really is disturbed, and not stable, he should not have a chance at taking custody. He has to prove you unfit in the first place.
    You should be able to get a contested divorce, they cost more though.

    Answer by Raine2001 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • I agree with Raine2001.

    Answer by tyheamma at 7:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • Honestly just stay separated and try to get the visits back and forth, however favor is granted to the person which handles money sometimes, and this is more of a ''stability "" if it's handled for a length of time, but for getting custody solely, and you want to make sure you get it, ... the only advice is truly a lawyers advice.. They will see that the one who has been in standing with work or better stable at the time- you- sign. If it's in question just don't sign for a very long time, and keep it going until he goes broke, in other words make him pay for the legal stuff and have it that way in the papers, and don't sign until he agrees to pay the fees. ALL OF THEM ( he will pay anything as long as he thinks he'll get custody. ) Men don't generally want to just have you sign over rights, they like the game solely for the game, so to get it done quick, don't hold your breath.

    Answer by coffeeyum at 7:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • It's more hard to have children deal with these things, and their is no civilized or perfect divorce. Because their usually isn't a perfect marriage. So as I stated in the other window, just take time. No new man will change this or no new life will change the children, it's all about the money made, hours, worked, your availability, and your dedication to the children. So why does he think he'll get the children ? And how is he disturbed. ? PM if you rather.

    Answer by coffeeyum at 7:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • My DH's divorce from his ex lasted 3 years. She refused to sign the papers, and fought him every step of the way. Finally, he just gave her whatever she wanted just to get rid of her. You can't make him sign the papers, but you can get a separation agreement on record to protect your rights. You really need to consult an attorney.

    Answer by Scuba at 8:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.