got a sit n stroll for our trip

I had a friend who has a sit n stroll 5 in 1 that she has had never been in an accident or anything she is my best friend so I know she would be honest. I am going on a week long trip on a train to visit some family with my 2 yr old son and need to have a carseat for when I get there and they pick us up at the train station as well as a stroller for the layovers and such and i figured the sit n stroll is great for that. I know that carseats have a manufacture date and that they expire but this sit n stroll has a manufacture date of march 2004 so that makes it expired in march of this year already. but I was wondering since its something that didnt get everyday use just used once or twice and was stored in plastic bags and a box all those times in the garage when they didnt use it that is would be okay just this one trip. just wondering your thoughts...just thinking because its not an everyday carseat or anything.

djanowski775

Asked by djanowski775 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I say give it a test run before the trip and see how well it works and make sure its not on any recall lists.
    romona5

Answer by romona5 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• As far as I knew you have 5 years from the manufacturing date to expiration. But i am sure another Mommy will have a better idea.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2010