is it wrong for me to be really excited about my upcoming career?

im going for my associates in pharmacy tech, and starting next quarter ill be in the actual pharmacy classes and ill be getting hands on with filling scripts, so im looking forward to that. then today i went to get cough medicine at a local pharmacy and they had students from another college doing clinicals and part of that was to run a free health screen, checkin glucose, BP, and bone density. they told me that more than likely ill be doing the same during clinicals being most pharmacy offers those kind of things. i sooo excited about it and cant wait till i do my clinicals and then actually get out there and work. i mentioned to a couple friends that im excited about it and they got mad. i wasnt braggin by any means, im just happy about gettin into a field that i love. and i also mentioned im gettin all A's and B's this quarter, and that seemed to annoy them too....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Lame friends! Of course you should be excited about your future career! I'm the same way about my future career as a midwife. I'm such a birth junkie! Good friends would be excited to hear you're doing well in school. Good for you for finding a career worth being excited about! LOL
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:33 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Fine new friends ASAP! Any "friend" that can't be happy for you and will actually get mad at you for being excited about good grades and a new career is no friend of yours. Sorry, but drop them quick! And Congrats!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You have every right to be excited. Congrats!!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Sweetie there would be something wrong with you if you were not excited for yourself ! As for your friends , maybe they did not know how to take the news , maybe they took it as bragging instead of you just sharing your excitement , maybe just clarify with them that you were just excited and wanted to share with them , there is nothing wrong with wanting your friends to be excited for and with you but if they are not then they are not very good friends ! I congratulate you !!
    mamahol

Answer by mamahol at 7:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Real friends would be happy for you - if they're not, they're not friends.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 7:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You have every right to be excited and also for the good grades.If they are real friends they would be happy for you.
    t_lawson

Answer by t_lawson at 7:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You should be allowed to be excited about anything you've worked hard to accomplish.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 7:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I am happy for you, even if your alleged friends are not!!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Well, I'm happy and excited for you! You are closer to your career then I am, I kinda got screwed this year:( (things changed with the nursing program, and they didn't play nice) Your friends aren't very supportive. You should be excited! Real friends should be excited right there with you, and taking you out when you get done!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2010