Do you send a thank you card for a birthday card?

My DD had a Birthday party in my honor.. It was my milestone birthday..Plus+ I'm battling breast cancer. A couple people came and gave me a birthday card.. I'm thinking I send out a thank you card to everyone that came! Right? What do you do?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 7:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can never go wrong w/ thanking people for thinking of you! Happy Birthday & good luck w/ your cancer fight!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• right, i agree with ^. and i always send thankyou's, for everything.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Usually it is not customary to send a Thank You Birthday card unless there was a gift with it. But if you feel like sending a pretty Thank you that would be a really nice gesture, so go for it!!! Your friends would be happy to hear you are doing well! Best wishes!!!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• "Thank you for a Birthday card" Sorry I left that out :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:20 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I usually send out thank you to everyone who attended for adding to the party :)
    I want to thank people for coming and making it more fun/for thinking of me, not just for gifts. HTH
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 7:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't. But I usually call them to let them know I have received it, since I mainly get them in the mail lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 7:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I either call, email or thank them in person, if possible. But, for an actually party, if it someone you don't see very often & they came, sending a thank you would be a nice thing to do. I know you are a very nice person & like to do nice things! That was really nice for DD to do that for you.
    christianmom55

Answer by christianmom55 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• No. Where would it end?...thank for the birthday card, thank you for the thank you card, thank you for the thank you thank you card....
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2010