Normal Varient or Soft Sign for Down Syndrome?

I'm in my 31st week and have come to terms with "what will be - will be" However at my 20th week ultrasound the tech found an (Echo-Genic-Foci) in the heart, which at the time I was told is a Normal Varient, not to worry. A week later I had a "weird" dream and it sparked me to look on the internet for answers. If this was "normal", then why even mention it??? The results from the web refered to a Soft Sign for Down Sydrome, but the majority had other significant markers, which I nor Baby Girl had any of. I was 32 at time of conception, so with my age, blood test and all other factors I was told at my follow up to consult, that my risk (with Varient) went from 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 9,000. Should I be preparing for something other than normal? Still lingering...

BbyGrlE

Asked by BbyGrlE at 3:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Your odds are still 1 in 9000. That's very very low. Don't worry about the dream, I had all kinds of weird dreams about things being wrong with the baby while I was pregnant with all mine and they were all fine. I even dreamed I had kittens once lol.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2008